Tuesday, October 11, 2016

BSA228, Getting it into Unity, 11 October, 2016

I've fixed Lulu's colour, reset her to 1 (low polygon blocky look), re-attached her skeleton (this required selecting her geo and setting scale back to 1 in x y z and translating her to 0 on x y z.  I was EXTREMELY lucky I didn't stuff her up completely.  When I went to rescale her for the showreel, I selected all of her bits instead of just the character reference.  Her skeleton was floating behind her, unattached.  This didn't mess with her movements, so I didn't mess with it at the time.  Going back to the version of her before rescaling was not an option because of all the work I did on texturing and weighting her as I saw problems.), and deleted any extra rendering nodes.

This is how she has to go into Unity because it won't accept the smoothing of the 3 command

smooth Lulu on 3
I'm generating LODs (level of detail) in Maya on the keys.  I will try importing those easy things first then move on to more complex objects.

Here she is in Unity.  There's no easy transition between the walk and idle cycles, so her arms go straight through her dress when the computer cycles through both poses.  To the right of the screen, the wiggly graph shows where the dip/problem is and how the computer is trying to ease between the two.  Her other idle cycle has her arms at her sides so I'll use that to transition between these two cycles.  She's also shifting from one state to the next and I'll have to get her centered in Maya before I export anymore cycles.  There may be a way to bring all the animations into one file in Maya, create transitions in the animation, then clip them apart again in Unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment