Saturday, March 19, 2022

Online journal entry #1: Introduction of a Stop-Motion music video Concept/Idea

Idea:   For my project, I want to make music video for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.  I will commission Anna van Riel to make an original song.  I know that its going to be a big job so I think that if I do half the video with stop motion puppets and the other half with photos of the family, like on a gallery wall, it'll be a manageable amount of work.  I'll ask Alectricitynz (Al Reid) to do any final fix up of the music so it sounds ok.  

I'm going to make 2 sets of puppets: Mom and Dad in the '70s and Mom and Dad in their 70s (age).  Besides the pictures of the family, I'd like to have them moving through time through the use of a patchwork quilt that Mom 1972 makes and Dad 1972 and 2022 sleeps under.  

Anna and I have collaborated in the past so I know that if I can string together some lyrics and images, she will be able to make them fit into a song format, create a good chorus, and of course, write and beautiful music.  Dad used to play the guitar and I'll ask her if she can write and perform that instrument.  

No comments:

Post a Comment