Saturday, March 19, 2022

Online journal entry #4: Contemporary Practices

Grand Pocket Orchestra "Odd Socks"

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkynNTUEzJU


This music video was made by taking photos of each move and then cutting them out and sto motion animating them.  I want to do a variation of this where I show my family growing up over the years by going from a photo of them in each year.  With digital cameras, you can take dozens of shots until you get the right picture and I noticed when I was looking through photos for this project that I had multiple runs like this.  I will put them in frames on the walls and play with this other form of stop motion.  

Charlie Kaufman's Anomalisa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQkHA3fHk_0  has realistic-looking puppets in ordinary situations.  My puppets, sets, and movements won't be this subtle but I do want to show small moments in time for my characters, for the space to be very intimate, and for there to be connection between them and the family moments that go by on the wall.  


I love the warm tones and soft light in this movie poster.  I hate cold light!  

No comments:

Post a Comment