Saturday, March 19, 2022

Online journal entry #2: Experimental Artworks

 


Experimental drawing of a character for my video, side and front views.
I drew out Mom and Dad puppets next to each other to get sizing for wire armatures.
I made a clay version of my Dad 1972 character to figure out how the front and sides would work out before trying 3D digital sculpture.  
This is a painted version of the clay experiment to trial colour and accessories. A trial of the Mom 1972 puppet's wire armature and clay hands and legs is seated to his left. I will use clay for any skin you can see and use digital sculpture only for the replacement heads.  This way, I can 3D print multiples and they'll all be identical.

There will be a series of sofas from different eras which will help show that time is passing.  Behind the sofas and puppets, family pictures will fill the wall until its completely covered.

The 1970s sofa.  I tested a pattern, sewed it, and put some stuffing over the cardboard frame so it looked nice and cushy.  I will make the other sofas using these patterns.  I really like this wool plaid- its what I used to cover my own couch at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment