Thursday, May 14, 2015

BMA142: Magazine research, Assignment 3, 14 May

 Art World cover.  Keeping the title and contents at the top gives the detail of the artwork impact.
 Cinefantastique magazine.  The airbrushing and scattered text make this functional but uninspiring.  I  was already a fan, so I did not buy this magazine based on the cover.  If it hadn't been a show I followed, I wouldn't have been interested in learning more.  
 Mad Magazine, of Star Trek: The Next Generation parody, character introduction layout.  Black and white colour scheme and close to uniform text boxes keep these busy pages interesting without being overwhelming.
 Classic Mad Magazine cover of a Star Trek movie parody.  Another magazine I used to own.  
 Muppet Magazine.  Another magazine I used to own, then I decided to stop being a hoarder!  All recycled.  RIP.  A bold title, large picture, and single column of text leaves a strong impression.  Plus, the little fold-up at the right hand corner previews what's inside and generates interest in turning the page.
http://www.yannlegendre.com/lofficiel-art-magazine/
One full-page illustration facing a large, graphic title and small block of text is striking.  

No comments:

Post a Comment