Wednesday, May 20, 2015

BMA142, Magazine research, layout, 20 May


Side by side with this striking photograph of Christy Turlington for Harper's Bazaar Espana, the text becomes a figure in it's own right.  A large "C" takes the place of a head and the body of the text  mimics the curve of Turlington's fur as it flows from spine to waist.
A Brodovitch Legacy
The idea of seeing my name, Traci Meek, this big makes me uncomfortable, but I like the layout very much.  I guess this is the way to go.  I wish I had a better initial, then I could J.K. Rowling it.  
T. M. Meek isn't cutting it, but T. Meek might.
42 Excellent Examples of Magazine Layout Design for Your Inspiration

I would never wear black and white, but I find it quite soothing to look at.  The layout of the word Attitude makes it the title and the subject of the page, a force to be examined.
TRA
CI
ME
EK
French Vogue, April 2012

Karen Magazine
This layout is striking because black and ecru mirror each other in background and figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment