Monday, November 9, 2015

BDM127, 2D, ready for assessment, 9 November

Big talk in the last post about making monkey see-through when he hit a painting (no), giving him "whoosh" lines (no), or doing a big edit (most definitely not). The process of putting it all together ran pretty smoothly thanks to my decision to test render everything I had and then doing a final render out of Harmony from start to finish.  It gave me the opportunity to check each scene, make any adjustments that needed to be made and to put it into After Effects.  The two longest and potentially hardest scenes, Monkey jumping from painting to painting, were left until today.  In the end, I had to put in the puppets I had and flip them around.  The first scene looks good because I was able to use his tail to grab things and swing him around and I drew his coat flapping around.  It looks good.  The second jumping scene doesn't have any bells and whistles, but more camera moves.  I'll go back to it tomorrow and experiment with attaching modules to monkey and key framing them in, as Kathryn suggested, to make him change colours or something as he goes from painting to painting.  In the meantime, I am happy to bask in the satisfaction of being done with everything turned in!

No comments:

Post a Comment