Wednesday, November 4, 2015

BMA115, comic, IT'S DONE!!!! 4 November











 It's finished!!  Hooray!!  There's always more to tweak, but if I really want to do that, I can do that over the summer.  She needs freckles.  He probably needs stubble.  William S. Pierce's suit needs stripes!  There's always something.  But I expect that I will be ready to move on to new projects very soon.  Next year, we're supposed to do a 24-page comic.  I think that I spent, conservatively, 11 hours per page on this comic.  Sadly, the cover only got two hours.  But those are the breaks.  Next year, I will have to do everything much sooner.  One hour per page was spent on each of the following: story development, pencils, colour experiment #1 (failure), inking, colour experiment #2 (success), colour (basic), colour (detail), colour (filters), lettering and bubbles, editing, layout.  A second-year told me to start on the new comic as soon as possible.  Good call.  I think that I will carry on with this story (I already have characters, backstory, premise, basic story arc for the 24-pager) and Agent MacIntosh and F. Scott McMurdo can finish their mission to destroy The Machine.   Won't that be nice?  I should take the time and label my colour references now so I don't have to start from scratch next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment