Friday, October 30, 2015

BDM124, stop motion, editing, 30 October

Ken and I finished shooting our final shots Monday so we could all dive into editing from Thursday.  Thursday and Friday, Anna, Ken and I sorted through the shot folders and picked out fingers, mistakes, wires...   really, here's what I did for twelve hours over the course of two days.  I messaged everybody to remind them when and where we were meeting.  And kept messaging Ken and Ryan to find out where they were, two hours after "I'm on my way" and "I had a late night last night" or no message at all came back.  Anna was great and showed up each day around ten to work on stuff.  When Ryan and Ken came in after 3 or 4, I handed out assignments and then checked that they got completed.  I organized our folder and put away all of the files according to pre, production, and post.  I renamed all of the shots by scene and panel as per our animatic.  I found the right animatic and put it into After Effects after I tweaked the sound files.  I imported each scene, sometimes several times, into the timeline and ordered everything.  That took lots of time, I must say.  Vaughn showed me how to time stretch scenes, which was very exciting as it means we, I mean probably I, won't have to re-edit the sound to fit shorter scenes.  We've got a rough cut of all shots except for the glowing eyeballs in after effects and I've handed the project off to Ken and Ryan.  And they're toddling off with it.  Ken is doing the glowing eyeball shots and Ryan is working on the credit sequence.

Great!  I've got a comic to finish.  I'll come back to stop-motion when that's done.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment