Wednesday, October 14, 2015

BMA243, Digital Illustration, SIT 'n' Spit, "Golden Lake Illusion" and "Tooth Fairy Planking", 14 October

Three pieces from previous weeks and today's project.  One hour each.

"Goggles"  I was trying to render fur and a flushed face with ice crystals in the eyelashes and on the face.  The face would clearly have to be darker in order for the ice to show up.  
"Hammerhands"  My focus was on rendering round, fragile objects.  The balls need a stronger highlight in order to look like glass.  Hammerhands could look sweatier, too, to convey his nervousness.


"Golden Lake Illusion"  I loaded brick and pavement art I made for 2D animation and focused on painting the jeans and darkening the wall with liquid.   I'm very pleased with the jeans from the knee up and that the urine soaked hem reads.  The overly large white highlight at the knee and ankle lets things down, unfortunately.  
"Toothfairy Planking"  I lost track of time, otherwise I would have run some filters over the fairy and the mouth, respectively.  She looks sufficiently spearmint toothpasty, but the tooth she's yanked needs to be twice as big.


No comments:

Post a Comment