Tuesday, February 23, 2016

BSA225, 3D, Maya, 23 February 2016

Once you've finished making your object, tidy it up by going to edit-delete by type-history
highlight object in green, ctrl D to copy it, then move it where you want it with W move tool?
hover mouse and hit space bar to move in an dout of scene.  clicking on it could lead to deselection of whatever face or vertex you want to work on.
there are ways to add a reference image to the scene which I cannot fully remember.  you go to create -image plane then what?

 We practiced extrusion and building shapes on a candle holder and wine glass.  Starting with a cube, we built up and up and up using the reference photo.  My candle holder could use work.  I didn't hollow out the top or the bottom, but I can go back and try it again.  I got the wine glass hollowed out but had some problems with the bottom of the glass.
when

When hollowing out the goblet, turn off the skin by clicking on the chicken wire icon.  I don't know what they're called.  I have a headache.  

check out how smooth your piece is by clicking on the second movie clapper icon? then choosing mental ray to see what it would render out as.  If it isn't as smooth as it should be, add geometry.  


No comments:

Post a Comment