Tuesday, May 30, 2017

BSA324, pitch bible prototype for exhibition, 30-31 May, 2017

Writing for animation: pitch bible with Rob Hoege and Grant Moran


BSG pitch bible
I was planning to print and foam core character and illustration boards for the exhibition but Rachel reminded me that one of my goals for my third year project was to create a pitch bible to shop around to potential investors and stakeholders.  So I've taken those pieces and added pages that handle where and what the show is, a 6 episode series summary, and a summary of the script that relates to the illustrations, and a few filler pages to make a booklet.  There are pages I can add or pages I can combine to create a better flow for anyone who flips through it.  I'll get feedback and do another practice run before I send it away for printing.  Chris MacDonald has lots of info on printing through Blurb and Rachel's pitch bible for Tale Enders looks great.  These are the pages and their layout:


























Now that they've been printed, I can see that the contrast between the black letters and whitish boxes is not strong enough and legibility has been compromised.  I threw in the black line drawings of Girl sitting because I needed another page- there was no time to colour them, let alone collage' them.

No comments:

Post a Comment