Tuesday, May 2, 2017

BSA303, post-proposal analysis, 2 May, 2017

Going forward: in regards to my key research question,
 
What Do I Need to Know?

  • am I animating in 2D or 3D?
  • is making a mascot feasible and necessary or just fantasy?
  • regarding filming children's interviews on camera phones, will that even look good?  What can I tell the parents that will make that easier and more likely for them to capture good images?
  • What contemporary practitioners do hybrid shows in animation and puppetry?
  • Can I get $ from SIT for mascot materials?  How much $ do I need?  $200-300 for foam?  What else?

What Do I Need to Do?
  • start creating experimental animation with photo-puppetry and 3D techniques
  • push forward on pepakura software experiments- if they go well THEN I can justify making Jellybean as a mascot
  • have Heather film XKL as a test- get tech specs from her
SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time frame) GOALS

heuristic learning- something I'm involved in
reflexive- your research shift you and your project
reflective- looking back on project and evaluate what does/doesn't work
active documentation- take pictures, reflect on it, write about it, do it as you go along

camera phone child interviews- who do I know with kids who might contribute?
USA: Heather, Sarah Plumitallo, Danika, Nikki, Miranda
UK: Lisa, Asim
Mexico: Gaby (niblings)
Europe: Aatika
New Zealand: Naomi, Jeremy's brother, Linda and Dave (grandkids), Christina and Dave, Jeremy and Leigh, St. John's Girl's School
Australia: Tristi

analogy: If my project is a giant table set for dinner, who are the people, shows, or organisations that are guests?
Sesame Street, Mister Rogers, Wonder pets!, It's Not OK campaign against family violence, educational professionals, autism professionals, social workers/counsellors, The Moe Show, NZ on air funding, anger management and conflict resolution, emotion coaching book, hybrid animation practitioners


No comments:

Post a Comment