Monday, May 15, 2017

BSA324, Teppy and Dr. Picklesniffer and Girl on beanbag illustrations, 15 May, 2017

Girl sings her introduction song
Teppy makes a play for the stethscope
I've been working on more concept art, this time from specific moments in the script.  It's to help me flesh out my understanding of what's happening and how I want it to look.  I talked to Ruth and Rachel today about my project- ever since I wrote my proposal for 326, I've been spinning out.  Nothing seems to be coming together.  Should I be doing photo puppets or 3D?  Am I shoehorning a mascot in there because I have 6 meters of purple fur and want to make a mascot again?  Are these pieces time wasters?

Turns out, no, the concept art illustrations aren't time wasters.  The look of the show is starting to come together, which is really good.  Seeing the characters in action is awesome and it makes this more real.  I can see these two illustrations going into a book, which is pretty neat, so I'll be making more for the second exhibition.  Questions to answer: If I want Jellybean to be a mascot, what is Girl?  Is she an actor or a mascot costume as well?  The other characters will definitely be best served as animated characters.  The sets can all be made in Maya and ONE FRAME rendered which the photo puppets could be composited onto in After Effects.  That would be sweet.

I will step back from the group project this week so I can work these things out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment