Thursday, February 19, 2015

BMA142, Digital Painting- Fluffy clouds

Today, we got out the tablets.  I've wanted to use one of these things for a LONG time.  We practiced using our whole arm to create brush strokes, and making the strokes lighter or darker with pressure.  We learned lots of quick keys and how to use the eyedropper as we painted using the alt key.  This is handy-it means picking colours is as easy as scooting the stylus around until we see what we want.    The picture gets built up and the brushes get smaller and sharper until the image comes into focus, just like in a physical painting.   The ultimate objective of the day was to create clouds, but my standard goof-off drawing starts with a person.  Always the costume designer.  Invercargill has been sunny and cloud-free for most of the week.  The sky obliged with some of the real stuff yesterday, and I took a few shots with my phone.  If  a pioneer woman had wandered by, too, I'd have really been set.  I need to get back to working with visual research so my lines and shadows make sense.  I'll get that started this weekend so I can crisp this image up for class Wednesday.  So glad my research books have arrived.



 Cloud reference photos taken in Invercargill, New Zealand, February 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment