Thursday, April 7, 2016

BSA203, ProPrac, Project critique #2, 4 April, 2016

My current research question is "What developments does a memoir undergo when it morphs from static to moving images?"

With Chris MacDonald's tutelage, I've been photographing the existing pages of the journal and fixing them up in Lightroom and Photoshop.
The journals are currently in accordion form.  Should I recreate this for the final project or print them as a more traditional booklet? People are loving the accordion, so will explore integrating that with the doll sculpture.
Expression studies for "Boxed Up".  So many problems: cartoony, oversize eyes, and an insistence on drawing in bed while watching Netflix makes these studies insufficiently impressive.  Will keep working.
Lots of tree imagery in the books that I want to expand on, so I've done a weird study of a tree.... the roots look like a hand reaching out to crush or cradle the figure on the ground.  But really, that's just after the fact puffery.

What do I need to finish this thing?  What seasons are full and which need to be filled out?
Summer
gannets at Muriwai
Buzzy bee umbrella
 auditions
Mr. Goodly/Dr. Who
I feel Something I
Double-face
super-guide for dating pioneer
BettyArchie/Veronica
Medusa
Need:
summer pohutakawa
super-date with Stephen
Summer of Love
I LIKE you, sir! (man on pedestal)
Mr. K, my particular friend

Autumn
chocolate trap
wormy apple
flaming tree
bed
locket
knife
shrine
Need:
Super-Traci v. The Shadow!
Lady of the Tiger

Winter
tongue on pole (tree)
phantom limbs
tattoo
golden bubble
rose-tinted glasses
boys paper dolls
Bird in Thicket
Need:
Boxed Up
Super-Traci v. The Fog

Spring
Pricks and Perserverance
I Feel Something Again II
Poison Pen
seed in hand
perfect man list
speed date
parents?
good fruit tree
Need:
ashes into gold roses
Super-Traci at the dance
paint by numbers panel discussion
press conference-retiring from competitive dating
Status updates- serenity and green dress with gold heels
swaying bed at the Nunn

No comments:

Post a Comment