Tuesday, April 12, 2016

BSA225, lighting the scene, 12 April, 2016

Rather than spend lots of time perfecting objects that may just be in the dark anyway, I'm playing with lighting sources today so I know what can and can't be seen.  Vaughn showed me how to use a spotlight:


and a pointlight:


and when I render it in mental ray, I can see what it's doing to the scene:
I can see weird shadows that indicate the floor and walls don't meet very well, that the directional light is too bright and more shadows needs to come up from the floor, and the blinn is a VERY reflective surface on the table.  The little light could be even more bright, but right now, I can see a reflection of the Pet in it, which is actually very interesting.

 The spotlight is above, forward of the Peddler and pointed towards the bar

 This time, the spotlight is pointed back towards the table so more of the booths are in darkness.
light positions in red.  
It's now way too dark but I still need to add light coming through the windows, the bar and front door.

with a lambert panel in white with boosted incandescence to simulate the bright outside light.

No comments:

Post a Comment