Sunday, May 29, 2016

BSA203, ProPrac, 5 new pieces and their Artist Models, 29 May, 2015

These 5 new pieces are going into the little books I've printed out this weekend.  The littlest book may be held by the doll sculpture.  That would mean SIX new pieces for the project, not counting the books or the animation.  I'd like to do more, but that will have to wait for the next time I take up the project.  I can see printing these again on the best paper and in a long line so there are no pages to glue together.  


Inspired by 50s housewife ads and the movie poster for Attack of the 50 foot woman.  Jesse advised me on text and kerning for legibility.  It's not perfect, but it's done and done is beautiful!

inspired by Marjane Satrapi.  I needed colour, though, to emphasize that they're frog butts.  But I like the repetitive nature of and stark contrast of simple lined figures of her style.  

Inspired by Frida Kahlo's The Two Fridas.  

Inspired by Audrey Niffenegger's work in The Adventuress and Three Incestuous Sisters.  Lined figures, shadows, restricted colour palette and simple drawings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment