Thursday, May 5, 2016

BSA226, 3D character clean up, 5 May, 2016

Optimize a scene: get rid of nodes that may hurt a character
get rid of extra layers
select all and edit delete history all
in channel box layer editor, all scale must be in 1
modify: freeze transformations
group things that are the same together
save just before optimizing so if opt goes wrong, you won't lose it
master peddler file is saved in 3D character-production-characters-pedmaster

and I've taken another stab at unwrapping and sewing and cutting the UV shell apart.  I'm working on the skirt in class this morning.  I've managed to get the checkers sorted with a seam in the back, under the cape.



I took a wrinkled black paper texture from the website I mentioned previously and added a few layers of colour and scribbles to match my concept art.


character rigging: tutorial on blackboard
rigging menu, choose man icon, x ray mde

No comments:

Post a Comment