Friday, July 21, 2017

BSA303, Spoon internship, 20-21 July, 2017

Thursday, 10-5.30, with half hour lunch
Watching Quentin today as he's editing in After Effects.  In the morning, a 60 second film for an anti-domestic violence campaign that will be played before a major sport effect is refined with the client.  The event manager says that they something called NZ clearing house to get their research data from the police He gave me contact details for their kid's team and I will be able to interview her regarding my research question and find out how they make this difficult topic easy for kids and adults to talk about.  In the afternoon, more ad work; new product packs and word changes to the ad plus a future project costing so they can give the client a quote.

Friday, 10:30-4.30, with half hour lunch
I made a logo for Spoon!  Based on what I've seen Quentin do and what I've done myself in After Effects, I brought footage from past Spoon projects into an assets folder specifically tied to the project and into a composition.  I trimmed out the extraneous bits and put the clips into order.  I separated the clips by time lapse and gently moving camerawork.  I made a "keyhole" cut out in Photoshop with an arbitrarily black background.  When it's imported into AE, it will sit on the top layer and the footage will play underneath it. Natalye liked the gently moving stuff and after tossing out two clips that didn't look good under the Spoon logo, I ordered them from white to blue to darkest green.  Natalye wanted the Spoon to "grow" in so I keyframed the end and beginning sizes on the timeline. I had to resize the canvas in photoshop because I couldn't quickly remember how to mask out the now too small sides in AE.  It's only a 6 second spot and may get clipped down some more before going into their showreel.  Hooray!  


This is a frame from the beginning that they may use on their print materials or on the "ident card" that they send to the tv stations at the beginning of their TVCs.
And here's a tutorial I found online based on the title sequence of "Dunkirk" by Christopher Nolan.  They show you how to do it directly in Premier Pro and Final Cut Pro X.
So that's 69 hours and 5 minutes (out of 100) done in Auckland!

No comments:

Post a Comment