Monday, March 21, 2016

BSA203, ProPrac, Critique 2 powerpoint, 21 March, 2016



These are the slides I have prepared for my critique tomorrow.  I've done more than I've seen others do because I'm trying to get out ahead of the project.  I will need to spend more time on other things soon and I hope to be done with the analysis part of the project, excluding journaling, soon.  I have one more slide to fill, so I will go home early to continue working on the found object sculpture of the doll I started on this weekend.  In keeping with the self-portraits I've been doing, I've attempted to give the doll features more like my own, including wee little glasses.  Could be unintentionally hilarious.  Onward!






 I've read the previous graphic novels and like their simple black and white line drawings, but they don't relate to my work except for being autobiographical.  Maybe I can have bw cartoons, like Super-Traci, linking each section?  Explaining things?





 The previous three artist's works are more relevant to my piece because they've been translated into moving images (movie, animation and musical) but I haven't been able to get copies of their graphic novels or movies yet.  I could research forever but I'm going to pick one that I can relate to and run with it.  I also really really want to see Audrey Niffenegger's graphic novel/books.  They may be more relatable to what I'm doing even though they aren't autobiographical.

 colour and pattern experiments for Boxed Up with the final digital sketch.  The 50s ladies will be replaced by me mimicking their poses and expressions.  Probably angrier at the end, though, with an atom bomb going off in the background.

Doll research, sketches and beginning of the found object sculpture.  The face is done with a mock up of the dress.  Juliet suggested lengthening the skirt for more dramatic possibilities.  I still need to decide how that dress is being used: as a play stage, as the roots of a tree, as a leaf out of the book?
 Deb and I sat down to discuss what she's come up with so far.  We will chat again during the term break.  By then I should have a story outline and have made decisions about the how the book is going to translate into the animatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment