Friday, March 4, 2016

BSA225, BSA226, film review and project inspiration, 9, 4 March 2016



This is a really good looking film and at 70 minutes, is neat and economical in it's story line.  Great movement from the burlap automatons and the cobbled together machines are very cleverly put together from unexpected bits of junk left over from the war and destroyed human civilization.  I will use this as a reference for lighting my 3D story.  Watching this movie, I wonder why there's only ever one female character.  In 9, she's pretty kick ass, but still- one to 9, including the scientist, other characters.  Unless the twins are girls?  I observe this, I say this, but my own writing tends to want strong female characters but then cops out for giving the male character larger focus.  It just shows how ingrained the habit is of thinking that only male characters have the most interesting things to say or do.  I'll keep working at it in my own work.

No comments:

Post a Comment