Wednesday, October 18, 2017

BSA324, Lanterns, 18 October, 2017

Take down incandescence and ambient colour.  Take down reflectivity to get rid of the rubbery look of the lanterns in the Warehouse.
Rachel set up a VERY NICE lantern after her initial experiment with the texture.  It's nice but not acting the way a paper lantern would.
I keep messing with it it take off the "rubbery" look, but it's not really working.
This lantern is done in aistandard and has point lights added to the interior top and bottom to create the illusion of a glowing lantern.  It's lit from within and casting light.  A dome light in cool blue adds colour to the shadows. Above is the test.  I will have to replace all the lanterns that are currently in the scene, but that will be fine.

UPDATE:  The lanterns work on their own.  Then i import them into the bigger scene and they stop working.  What gives?!? I replaced about 20 of them before I realized nothing was working.  Then I stopped, tried it all again, still nothing.  A mystery that will not be solved this time around.  The "rubbery" lanterns are glowing beautifully and look nice.  I will be satisfied with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment