Tuesday, October 17, 2017

BSA306, Final presentation, 17 October, 2017

 I forgot, AS ALWAYS, to add a card that lists the contents of the entire presentation.  My classmates don't use spellcheck but manage to always remember to do this.  Hmmmm.  Does it all balance out in the end? 








 I discovered Print Experiment #5 (a card I failed to add along with the all important Photoshop fix explanation) that Makerbot prefers files with an .stl as opposed to .obj extension. Taking the file into Photoshop, running the fix, and then exporting at .stl solved the "holey" printing problems I was having. 












 I'm very happy with the results of my research and experiments.  I'm really pleased to have so many good prints and they will be in my final exhibition.  The assistance I got from Kevin, Chris, and Rachel helped me achieve a product of which I am proud. 

Some questions that I got from the group:
Will I sculpt and print the other characters?  Yes.  I wanted to do all of them but there wasn't enough time to do that when I no longer needed 3D characters for my animation. 
Will I ever do a big head Funko style of this character?  Yes.  I designed some "chibi" designs but decided to focus on keeping the character as it appears in the animation so anyone who gets it is clear on the design.  Anybody that sees the Funko Batman knows that this is the FUNKO Batman and not Batman, full stop.
Would I ever pose the character, or would I leave it in "idle", or stationary, pose?  Yes.  I did experiment with putting in a quick rig but found that the weighting that would have been needed to get the pose right was going to be time-consuming and outside the bounds of requirements for my animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment