Monday, October 23, 2017

BSA324, Window display, 20-23 October, 2017

20th
I picked up the Resene paint purchase order from Rosalie.  Resene only had the black and white paint I ordered. The brown they will drop off to me when it arrives via courier this afternoon.  I spent another hour scraping and acetoning the window.  There are still bits that won't come loose but it's time to move on.

21st
I painted the white box black and pulled up the white poster board on the floor. The carpet is red in both boxes.  I will have to come up with something to cover that.  I painted the mortar lines onto both boxes.  Resene says that the brown paint will not arrive until Tuesday, earliest.  I'm glad that we have 24 hour access.  I didn't finish until nearly midnight.  I will add some brown sponging on Tuesday.   


22nd
In the morning I made a string of Jellybean lights!  I cut/auguered holes in the backs of the glow in the dark Jellybeans and put them onto the string of lights.  I've only got nine.  I could live with it, but I don't think that I'll be able to stand it.  I will ask Kevin tomorrow about where he got the glow filament.  I'll print at least one other set.  In the afternoon I went back to painting in the windows. The smaller box is definitely the neglected one.  By the time I get over there, I'm totally sick of whatever I'm doing and the lines are skewy. I darkened up the leftover grout paint and put some texturing onto the bricks.  It's looking like a brick wall but I wish I had that touch of brown in there.  I only worked for 3-4 hours today in the windows and then went home to paint Jellybeans.

23rd
I dragged over shelves, beer crates, suitcases and some objects to decorate with.  If I know what part of the brickwork is exposed, I will put the brown sponging in there.  I'd like to tie the walls in with the browns and creams of the shelving.  The characters will pop!  The big printer is set up with matte paper and I'll print characters on that. Here's what I'd like to print:
     
fake book cover x1  I've already got 3 printed out with Goldie and Girl in different places that I can fake up as other copies of the book if I pile them up. 

Girl on the bean bag, maybe with a big "Coming Soon!" sign over her hands.  

Should I have a Jellybean-bag in the products window and a print of Jellybean with the others in the warehouse window?  What if I recreate the cookies scene?
 
I will flip flop the layout in the window so the shelves are at the left and Jellybean is to the right.  I resized everything with Jellybean being one foam core board (76.5 cm) high. Everybody else is scaled down relative to that.  I printed them out on matte and will foam core them later this week.  

If I make a furry Jellybean-bag for the products window, maybe I can print and foam core up a Girl to sit on the bag.  In an ideal world, I'd be able to find a child-size mannequin to sit up on the bean bag wearing some Girl and the Imagination Warehouse swag.  
For the rest of tonight, I will 3D model that Bluff sign I keep thinking about to use as my show logo.  Maybe I can have that one say "Coming Soon 2018; Girl and the Imagination Warehouse" on the signs.

No comments:

Post a Comment