Wednesday, March 4, 2015

BDM126 4 March: The Many-Sided Character

If I don't want The Composer to be my character project in Principles of Animation, I'd better do something quick.  I'm nearly finished with him, I think, and a different, "better" character is going to take time.  Must think about how much I love the Armadillo.  I can always do him whenever I want, can't I?  While I ponder this:


Vaughn taught me how to make proper lines with the guide tool, which can be seen in blue.  This allows me to quickly and easily create lines that show me where the head, waist, knees etc. should line up in each view.  Shading will explain why this guy is so wide in the front and shapely at the sides.  I "symmetrized" the front view and dropped his left hand to his side.  I can render him with a hand up or an otherwise more dynamic pose later.  I corrected his facial features on the right hand side view and lined his costume details up with the front view.  The rear view was very quick as I cut and pasted the front view, erased most of the insides, then added new details to the costume and wig.  The left side view should be similarly speedy except for changes I will need to make to the assymetrial eye and teeth.  Which reminds me that his lips need an extra touch... there's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment