Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Real World Applications 11 March

Glowie the Globug mascot is finished!  He will be hugging members of the public at the Pasifika festival in Auckland this weekend.  He's a bit different from the concept art that I created for the client.  As I started to work in the foam, I realized that he would be WAY too big to be worn comfortably or shipped without costing a fortune.  I was also guided by this video on Globug's facebook page, which shows a tighter little globug hopping around.  I would like to learn CAD (computer assisted design?) or another program that helps me turn 2D art into patterns.  Or at least gives me a place to start from.  The patterning process really needs to speed up: I spent 5 hours going from math program to math program calculating circumferences based on diameters and trying to work out cone lengths, etc.  I am very happy with how his feetie pants, hands and eyeball turned out.  I wish his head wasn't so... pointy on the sides.  All in all, I'm very pleased with the results.  11 more mascots like this in 2015, please, for Meek and Wild Creations!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I was part of the volunteer team for Globug on the day. Glowie was a HUGE success, so approachable and friendly, well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr. Dee! I loved seeing the pictures of you guys at Pasifika. I hope that Glowie gets to go out to greet the public for Globug again!

      Delete