Wednesday, March 11, 2015

BMA142, Frida Kahlo-doscope


This is my finished Kaleidoscope piece for Digital Media.  It combines my interpretation of Friday Kahlo on the cover of French Vogue magazine in 1939 and Frida Kahlo, Self Portrait with Monkeys, Bird of Paradise Flower, 1943  Corel is a very exciting program to work with because the tools act like their real world counterparts.  Except, no waiting for paint to dry and I can go backwards, erase, layer, combine media that could never be combined (like colour pencil over acrylic paint).  It's fabulous. And I've really enjoyed the kaleidoscope function.  So much so that I've started another Frida.  When I've got time, I'm going to experiment with the mirror function.  Bodies and faces aren't symmetrical, but it will save time to mirror first and tweak later.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment