Friday, March 13, 2015

BDM126 Principles of Animation: Composer Character Corrections

It is really unbelievable how many teeny weeny picky details need to be fixed from day to day on this thing.  I'm sure that once I get it into flash and "spin" it, I'll find even more.  You can see some of the things I worked on, as indicated by the blue sketch lines.  I simplified the jabot and made it the same across the first three figures.  I first widened, then shrunk the feet on the three in the middle to match the dainty shoes of the front and back.  The biggest change was to 3/4 back.  I didn't realize that his coat was still so much like the middle figure in angle.  Here's an earlier example of the figures for comparison:
I'm waving a white flag on his hair bow until the "spin".  It's the dangling piece that's proving to be difficult.  If I have to, I'll ditch it in favor of a queue, the wrapped ponytail that some 18th century gentlemen sported to keep the length of their hair in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment