Tuesday, March 24, 2015

BDM126: Mad Mozart's Parts

In order to achieve the spin animation, I had to create 8 drawings of my character.  If he was perfectly symmetrical, I could have re-used 2,3 and 4 and just flipped them on the horizontal.  He has a wonky eyeball, tooth and hair bow, though, so 2 and 3 needed a few adjustments.  These elements were then layered on top of each other in photoshop so I could look for proportion issues.  Once those checks, and re-checks were complete, I imported them into Flash.  It's going to take me awhile to get used to Flash.  I rely on the quick keys a great deal and they seem to be different in Flash and I wasn't able to replicate my turn a few times for the mini movie.  In the end, Glen from class showed me how to save it as a gif and that worked.
  My next step is to develop other poses for Mad Mozart.  He's had a accident in space and time and since then has been wiring up his instruments for electricity with the help of Ben Franklin.  The poses to the far left and right are attempts to develop a clear silhouette with a drum.  Three more poses with glockenspiel, harpsichord and triangle are left to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment