Saturday, June 11, 2016

BSA203, ProPrac, evaluating the project, 7 June, 2016

Critique 4 is due next week.  They will be presented Tuesday the 14th, Wednesday the 15th, and Thursday the 16th
Blog/journal /documentation hand-in Tuesday 21st June
Critical practice/critique 5 consists of 1,2,3,4 also handed in on the 21st.  
Email this to Juliet in a bundle or print out thumbnails.  Include it in the journal with additional notes

Provide discussion question for group feedback


Process:  What worked well for me, and what didn't?
Toonboom storyboard pro was good, but needed instruction on how to use the cameras.

How would I do things differently?
I would commit earlier to using the doll so I could film a short stop-motion sequence with it.

Presentation:  feedback, response: my attitude towards my final work.
I've received positive feedback on the amount of work I did and I know I did heaps.  To have completed the animation (with stop-motion and story sequence) would have meant taking MORE time away from my other courses and that would have been irresponsible.  I've had some response to the personal nature of the work itself.  I appreciate it when it comes from women of my age group, but I'm sensitive and on guard about getting it from 18 year olds.  I need to open up to accepting that feedback.  

Post-project: inspiration, what will I do next, given time and budget, and how will I sustain my ideas?  Deb and I will continue our collaboration; she will write lyrics for the song and I will refine my animation based on her song.  During break, I will film stop-motion and animate the doll and mini book, add page turning moments and edit it all together.  If I get that instruction on storyboard pro camera, I can refine my animatic even further.

Connect with contemporary theories about graphic novel memoirs evolving into moving pieces.  
Watch Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi!!!

Remember!!  Critiques are evaluated separately from blog/documentation.  Make sure both have lots of writing and are complete.
Kathryn says our group needs to do critical practice 2.1?  demonstrate ability to resolve practice-based investigation, identified as methodological??

Critique 4 components:
1.  two examples of finished/resolved work (I will use my animatic and my doll and mini book sculptures)
2.  Concisely outline the ideas being explored and the relationships between materials/processes used and these ideas.
3.  Evaluate works again my own set of criteria
4.  Provide a discussion question for the group for feedback
5.  Provide one example of key contemporary work and document relevance to my own investigation.

  use bullet points and then verbally explain how ideas link to materials and processes

Criteria
How well did I answer my research question?
(Do interviews and get 3 people to discuss the book v. the animatic)
Is my artwork of similar or higher quality than I've done before?
Will I be able to build on what I've learned in future arts and creative activities?
Gallery- what solutions was I part of for community problems?
Gallery- was it judged as being of high quality by others?


No comments:

Post a Comment