Saturday, June 4, 2016

BSA203, ProPrac, Pigment to Pixel display, 4 June, 2016

 Ashes to Gold animatic
Link to the animatic "Ashes to Gold".  This is playing in the Raw Gallery for our exhibition.  It's four and a half minutes of "sketches" that may or may not be included in the final video.  It features original music from Deb Wattes which she composed and then recorded on the Garage Band software/app.  It is surprisingly gritty and I love how it enhances the animation.  Deb will work on recording it again with live musicians and will eventually add vocals to the mix.  I'm looking forward to hearing what she comes up with!



The Reader/Author doll

Miniature version of The Book, as yet untitled.  I thought about calling it "Love and Other Lesser Fairytales", but that felt too bitter and too definite.  I will keep thinking about it.  Maybe the title will keep changing during the video?  Jo Pryde seemed to have fun reading through the smaller version.  As a piece to interact with, it's more successful than the large version which you can just nonchalantly flip through.



Larger version of The Book, also untitled.  This is a less successful experiment.  The paper weight is too weak for the bigger version and the cover of the book is too large and doesn't support it.  The pages are getting bent and crumpled.  I expect that a tear is imminent unless I paste supports into every bend.  I have other projects to move onto, though, so go with God, bigger book; you're on your own for two weeks.  If I reprint it on tougher paper and make the covers smaller, it will hold up to being displayed accordion-style.










 I like how it was displayed in the gallery.  Grouping the objects together with the screen was effective.  I'm happy that a small but tallish plinth was still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment