Friday, June 3, 2016

BSA226, lip syncing, 2 and 3 June, 2016

http://www.11secondclub.com/competitions

audio source: Is there alcohol in this?

three mouth shapes to get by in lip sync: closed, open and pursed (ooo or o sound)

Oh, dear Lord.   I had no blend shapes to make the mouth.  I had no time to work it out, either, because I gave myself a  whole HOUR AND A HALF to do a lip sync.  With Ben's help, I got a good mouth blend shape but that lasted one frame and then the clothes ran away from the body.  Oops.
So I punted.  I did some head acting.  Then I got this really great, really TERRIBLE idea to try to do blend shape eyeballs and ended up with no blend shapes and no eyeballs.  The new eyeballs I made are jumping all over the place because I had to key frame to keep the eyeballs moving with the head.  Does it add to the performance?  Probably not.  But don't just take MY word for it:

Forward!  Will do better next time.  Reuben says to focus on a few really great shots for the show reel and let the rest of the animation try to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment