Tuesday, August 15, 2017

BSA324, more feedback from Kathryn, 15 August, 2017

Look at aging up my language- go from childlike language to more complex ideas that an older kid could understand.
Instead of Girl fighting with her brother for a toy, maybe she can be fighting over something more complex or she's able to see that the toy fight is really about something else.  Maybe she's got a problem with a peer at school.  She's transitioning from childhood to adulthood- the whole series could be about these stories.  The transition seems easy,but it's actually more complex.  think about Jeremy Dillon's story; he draws from childhood experiences with his dad to regain a foothold on what it's like to be a kid.  What parts of my personal history can I write from?  What could kids and adults relate to?  I can adapt the animatic I have with language.  Think about the relationship between the imaginary friend and woman in Right Said Fred, how his naughtiness helped her to deal with adult problems she wasn't able to face up to.

There is a December round of funding from Creative Communities that I can apply for.  What about putting on an event where Anna performs her children's songs and debuts the song for my project and my animation is played, too?  Maybe more children's animation could be showcased...  part of that funding money can be used to hire Anna to perform.

No comments:

Post a Comment