Friday, August 11, 2017

BSA324, NZIFF children's animation program, 11 August, 2017

So many good shorts!  Pocket Man, Jonas and the Sea, Welcome to My Life, Dogs and Cats, Stone Soup, Big Block Singsonging, Mr. Night Has a Day Off.  
Jonas falls in love with the sea at an early age

T Kash and his family at home.  
The Pocket Man's little house full of bits

Mr. Night turning light things dark

Mr. Day undoes Mr. Night's work
Nicky Marshall presented 80 minutes of animations and afterwards told us about children's animation festivals, what people put in, and what kinds of things they go on to do.
I got to talk to her after that about my own project.  It's really been an encouraging week for my show.  I presented my seminar and got some good feedback, Kathryn and I talked about me not worrying about writing to small children but writing from my own edgy perspective which will find an audience with older kids.  Nicky suggested that I put in a descriptor tab? explanation blob?  whatsy in my pitch bible that says the series of "will you still love me when I'm ..." is not an episode pitch but a look at Girl's character and inner life.  That should help with the confusion that Jeremy experienced when he looked at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment