Tuesday, August 8, 2017

BSA324, NZGDA conference schedule, 8/8/2017

Wednesday
I signed up online to attend the Designing Imaginary Worlds workshop with Paul Tobin from Weta. It means I'll have to travel with my laptop after all.  That shouldn't surprise me, but it does.  I was looking forward to not having that monkey on my back for 5 days.  It also means I will need to get an up to date ie NOT y2k version of Photoshop loaded.

Thursday
9.30 Opening keynote
10.40 turning a story idea into a story product
11.35 Nga Purakau Tuturu- Telling True Maori Stories in the Digital World
1.15 Broken Toys and Borrowed Dreams
2.10 Story-telling: IRL and in-game
3.30 The Getting-Hit-By-A-Bus-Situation:  Good design documentation matters
4.25 Virtual Reality Storytelling

Friday
9.15 Art leadership- how to build a happy and successful art team from the ground up
10.10 You're not lucky to be here:  The art of not animating
10.40 Let's get serious:  The wonderful world of character design
11.15 Hide and Seek:  Good Design is invisible
2.10 Framing the Game:  Art Theory to Game Development
3.30 Doing That Representation Thing
4.00 closing keynote speech
6.30 after party

Their website is not user friendly  https://nzgdc17.sched.com/profile?iframe=no
took me back and let me logon through facebook but didn't show the profile changes I made.  PITA!

No comments:

Post a Comment