Saturday, June 27, 2015

BDM124, stop-motion Animation reviews, 27 June

Change
 The description promised me the happiest stop-motion animation on the internet, but how are the constantly piling and de-piling contents of a picnic basket supposed to be happy?  Only the makers know.

Lego Minecraft
My ability to rate this animation is completely crippled by my indifference, or understanding, of Minecraft.  Nevertheless, the movement is smooth and the camera changes angles and comes in for close ups, so there's some technical prowess at work here.

Random Stop Motion Doctor Who
Performed entirely with "Doctor Who" action figures and sets made from A4 paper and markers in somebody's bedroom, this short makes me confident that I can do this.  At one point, a hand comes in holding a little dog.  Excellent.

Doctor Who Lego stop-motion
All those people who want a "Sherlock" and "Doctor Who" cross over finally have their wish!  Sort of. I need to find some good stop-motion animation.  These films are setting the story bar too low.







No comments:

Post a Comment