Tuesday, June 23, 2015

BDM125: Monkey Saves the Daypaint audio work, 23 June

I've spent 5 hours over two days listening to audio clips of sound effects, film scores and recording myself making noises for Monkey, Graffiti Girl, Madame Le Snob and Museum Director.  I'm having a little bit of trouble staying awake now... so I should find a few more key noises and just start plugging stuff into my animatic.  SIT's production office gave us the opportunity to record on their equipment downstairs.  It took the whole class for my movie to export, a lesson in itself about timing things, but they were still going at 4 and I was able to get in then.  I did two takes of just watching the short play out and making a series of sounds as the ideas or the scenes came up.  The "scratch track" can be cut and pasted, so it wasn't important that I get it "right" as much as get it "done".  The final take focused on me doing Madame Le Snob's cackling laugh.  Jamie the engineer said it needed to be recorded on a lower level.  Hopefully I've recorded something in there for all the characters.  Once the pitch is taken up or down, the noises will work for Monkey and the Museum Director and it won't sound like me grunting and cackling to myself for 3 minutes.  Fingers crossed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment