Saturday, June 27, 2015

BMA115: drawing a model with clothes, 11 and 18 June

I prefer to draw a figure with clothes because there's more to draw and get right.  I'm not a perfect drawer of nudes, but it gets boring, boring going over the same lines over and over.  University of Tennessee used to make us draw for 6 hours a week.  Agony!  This class is two hours and I still find myself hitting a wall at the hour thirty mark where my will to live has been exhausted.  Daily one hour sessions would probably do me good and wouldn't exhaust my reserves.  Not making any requests or suggestions, just musing to myself.

On the 18th, our model brought in her dog.  I enjoyed doing the quick sketches of her standing and the dog sitting.  When we went to a long draw, I lost interest.  Was it my usual inability to focus on one drawing for that long or was it because the dog kept moving?  Not even the studies were helpful in putting the drawing together.  I ended up doing a series of drawings of him on one piece of paper.  


















No comments:

Post a Comment