Friday, June 26, 2015

BDM127, 2D animation, Thinking ahead to next semester, 26 June

I think I want to keep working on Monkey Saves the Daypaint.  I'll be taking a 2D animation class next semester and I have the option of continuing with this story or starting a new one.  The fully animated short will only be a minute and a half long, so I need to consider the best way of trimming the story I've got. 




And reformatting my shots.  For inspiration, I'm re-watching the Puss in Boots I started last weekend.  These shots are really interesting because they stylishly show an event and the reaction to that event (cats), a sequence of events from multiple angles on the same screen (milk) or a medium shot and a close up shot (Puss and his boot).  The final shot is a little bit of the excellent hat work that happens throughout the film.  My favourite shot is when Puss bows his head and his hat blocks out the screen, but I couldn't get a screen grab that did it justice. There are also some great slow motion shots as Puss cartwheels around in action sequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment