Friday, June 5, 2015

to do for BMA142 visual diary: cloud figure reference and precedence

research artists who have placed figures on landscape or cloud backgrounds.  Make it clear in the writing portion that I did my thing first, then looked up the artists for precedence and relevance to what I was doing.
Cowboy silhouette Don Stevenson, photographer.  Crisp silhouette backed up by pink, grey and purple clouds.



Wallpaper from Andy's room, "Toy Story"
cloud shapes  The wallpaper makes me think about a kid dressed up as a cowboy backed by clouds shaped like hats, horses, cactus, etc.

That could be a good project to do in Adobe Illustrator for inclusion in my portfolio magazine.





Space Cowboy  I love Jake Gumbleton's brushy paintwork, the classic cowboy silhouette and the bubble helmet.


Charles Marion Russell
'Self Portrait' by C.M. Russell. 98.60

Charles Courtney Curran


Elizabeth Shippen Green
Green painting hanging



























No comments:

Post a Comment