Thursday, June 25, 2015

BDM125: audio for animatic, 25 and 26 June

Yesterday, I loaded the three usable takes of me making noises and doing voices for "Monkey Saves the Daypaint!" onto audio tracks on my animatic.  If I can figure out how to tweak the pitch, I'll have plenty of noises for my monkey.  Everybody else seems to be covered.  I cut the tracks into little pieces that I can now shift around and sift through for the best stuff.  Listening to it today, I'm thinking about what sort of extra noises I need from the soundfx library.  I have a folder of general stuff already, but now I'm focusing on things that are missing that will make a difference to telling my story.

Stuff to look for:
Me going "yay!" that I cut out because I thought I wouldn't need it.  I'll put it over the credits.
Ominous "intense silence" ambience for when the museum is "watching" Teenager spray paint.
Noises that a paintbrush or roller would make.  Some sort of "swooshing" noise?
Scratching, skittering noise for Monkey as he "draws" his way across the street.

Painterly things to do to my animatic:
There need to be gold frames, slightly fancier than the one around Graffiti Girl at the end of the short, around ALL of the museum paintings.  Plus brass markers to make the connection that people think it's "real" art when it has a frame around it. (Done 11:14pm)

Monkey needs a colour scheme.  He can't go to the end in black and white lines. (done 1:29pm)
Monkey MUST change colours/styles as he leaps from painting to painting! (Done 3pm)

I have four and a half hours with the Cintiq tablet today, and may not get any tomorrow.  I can listen/adjust audio on any machine.  I will fix the look and then do audio tomorrow.  More later on if this was a good decision on my part.

Monkey Saves the Daypaint! animatic with audio
This is what I got after working from 9 to 3.45 on Friday with No toilet breaks! No food! No candy!  Water only.  It took 45 minutes for the computer to convert to a video.  In that time, I couldn't make any adjustments, but I thought about it and made some changes after conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment