Wednesday, June 3, 2015

BDM126: Jumps, Lifts and lip sync, 3 June

In Principles of Animation, we've been on a marathon of movement.  Walk cycles, running, flying and now lifting weight, lip syncing and jumping.  I've been using my Mozart character and using the references Vaughn has provided.  Those movements AREN'T Mad Mozart, though.  He's wearing heeled shoes and should be walking a little more daintily than he does.  I will either have to find references on the internet that move the way I want him to or make something up myself.  I might even have to be filmed so I get it right.  

The Lip Syncing is going to take forever.  I know how to make a puppet lip sync- you hit every other syllable and emphasize the downbeat, basically.  I'm finding animating to be tougher.  Maybe if I had started AFTER adding the soundtrack?  I made all of the mouth movements and am now trying to space things out to fit the words.  It's really fiddly. I added in some blinks and now I'd like to move the jaw and shoulders slightly so the figure has some life to it.  

My Bunny and Carrot series continues.  It's more work to add a second character, but it gives me the opportunity to have characters interact with each other, which is fun.  It creates moments which could become a story someday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment