Tuesday, September 12, 2017

BSA324, Anna van Riel is my hero, 11 September, 2017

I sang into a phone (yikes) and sent Anna recordings of 3 songs I'd written lyrics and semi-tunes a few weeks ago.  She came back to me while I was in Auckland with 3 wonderful, fresh versions of those songs.  I was sick and my filters were off so the bawling can't be trusted but I LOVE them!  Listening to them again when I'm well confirmed that they were still great.  We had a long talk yesterday about what and how much would be needed to properly record them all in a studio.  I'm going to apply for funding to record them and for them to be performed with her other children's music at a community concert in Invercargill.  Excitement!

Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know sounds good and I will drop it in as is onto the scratch track of my animatic.

Today's the Day is so whole, complete, and satisfying that I would like to create an animation that fits it for the end of the year!  Can I, do I have the time?  Can I make it happen?  I could always use the black and white animatic to show part of an episode and the colour "music video" to be a beautiful piece that I could enter into festivals and show to potential funders.  So many decisions to make!

Imagination Warehouse is based on the "sarcastic" theme song about mom and dad fighting that I wrote for the adult version of the show and Anna has done a lot of work on it and it's great!  It would mean a new approach to the opening of the show.

I will play them for Rachel and get her opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment