Wednesday, September 13, 2017

BSA324, audio scratch tracks for animatic, 13 September, 2017

I did the voices myself and downloaded a voice app to distort them to get character differences.
Girl sounded best with the "woman" filter, I saved Prickles in "child" and "woman", and Jellybean's whistling was run through the hexafluoride balloon, which makes it sound like a nice slide whistle.
Each file has the lines listed and the ones highlighted in green are the line reads I've chosen for this animatic.  I will put them all together and do another run to hone performance.  Because I recorded this on my phone in bed, there's lot of rustling and crackling noises.

G1: Hi, Jellybean!
G2: Jellybean, I've been looking for you everywhere!
G3: Jellybean, I've been looking for you everywhere!
G4: You won't believe what happened to me in art class
G5:  You won't believe what happened to me in art class
G6: (mad) I told my VBF (very best friend) she could use my art supplies, but not my favourite pencils!
G8: same but stumble on line read and: you know, the ones with the erasers that smell like strawberries?
G9: same lines and: they're my favourites, and she knows that!
G10: I told my VBF (very best friend) she could use my art supplies, but not my favourite pencils!   you know, the ones with the erasers that smell like strawberries? they're my favourites, and she knows that!
G11: same with more whininess at the end.  they're my favourites, and she knows that!

I've cut the lines up and put them together to get a vocal performance I like.  This may not be the best use of my time right now when I have a minute plus to redraw...
However, it is getting the timing down for the animation and this is important, too! Ha ha.

G12: well, anyway, she was using them and I wanted them back and she wouldn't give htem back and I kept hinting that really, those are my favourites and she should give them back but she wasn't getting the hint!

I'm not going to use this in the current scene, it's time for Girl to notice that Jellybean has a problem.  But it does make me think that every group that Girl goes to she could keep returning to her problem just before she recognizes that they've got something they're trying to sort out, too.  So the whole story will eventually come out even as she's watching her friends also struggling with sharing.

G13: so, I tried to hint she should give them back and use something else and she just wasn't getting it and I just didn't know what to do and I kept hinting and she kept ignoring me and I just kept geting mad and then she started getting mad and then we just stoppped talking to each other and I just don't know what to do.

Same with this one, but I've pushed it down the animatic timeline to Goldie and Flash's segment.

G14: oh!  Jellybean!  What's the matter?
g15: oh!  Jellybean!  Is something wrong?
G16: Jellybean!  What's the matter?  Is something wrong?
G17: Your sock is missing?

G18:  your sock is missing?  multiple line reads, second one chosen

G19: it's got to be around somewhere.  Should we go hunt for it?  multiple line reads
G20: it's got to be around somewhere.  Should we go hunt for it?  multiple line reads

G21:  whoo hoo!  I love treasure hunts!  multiple line reads, first whoo hoo!  and last I love treasure hunts chosen
G22: I know, right?  multiple line reads, 1st one chosen

J1: whistling to self,  opening of scene
j2:  twirly whistles, when Jellybean notices that's the missing sock
j3: wolf whistles, whistles going up, impressed, going in admiring Prickles' sock board section
j4: whistles going up, alarmed?  prickles segment
j5: whistles going up, alarmed? prickles segment
J6: sad whistles, going down
J7: mournful whistle
j8: whistles going up up up, agitated, going in response to sockus gigantus splendiforous
j9: yoo hoo whistles, greeting Girl and Prickles
j10: conversation whistles, put those in where Girl is asking about the missing sock
j11: whoa whistle, going to Prickles exhibition
j12: low sad whistle
j13: call to adventure whistle, 1st chosen and goes after Girl's "I love treasure hunts!"
When I do this for real, a kazoo or a slide whistle is probably going to be much more useful than me trying to whistle.  I keep losing it and it sounds breathy.

Prickles segment
G23: maybe it's down this way... oh, hi, Prickles!   What are you doing? multiple line readings, maybe... chose reading 1, oh hi  what are you doing... chose reading 2
G24: but.. you don't have feet.  multiple line readings
G25: but.. you don't have feet.  multiple line readings
G26:  but.. you don't have feet.  multiple line readings, laughing, chose 5th read
G27: nice one! and sweet! multiple line readings
G28: Uh, I think that's Jellybean's sock.  multiple line readings, took off the hmmm on the last read and replaced it with an earlier uhhhh.
G29: Yikes!  what's going to happen now?  multiple line readings
G30: Girl laughing, just in case

I listened to Prickles with the "woman" and "child" filters against Girl and I've kept all the child versions for separation between the voices.  It's not idea, I'd really like a tough little boy voice, but it's what I've got to work with now.

P1: I'm reorganizing my sock collection.  multiple line reads
P2: I'm reorganizing my sock collection.  multiple line reads.  I've lost track of which one I chose.
P3: Why should That stop me?  Socks are awesome!  multiple line reads and I split apart the phrases to choose the crabby "stop me?" and must jubilant "socks are awesome!" reads
P4: Right now, I have them in rainbow order.  multiple line reads, I chose the one that has him being more thoughtful about his next move.
P5: I just got a new one and I think it will look better if I have them in order by size. multiple line readings.
P6:  Thank you.  It came to me when I found this sock.  multiple line reads
P7: I've been waiting my whole life to discover it:  Sockus gigantus splendiforous! multiple line reads, I chose the quiet awestruck voice.  Prickles really loves those socks.
P8: What's Jellybean's deal?   dropped that after Jellybean's hopping Yes, it IS very exciting.  Yes, it is very exciting my friend, etc multiple line reads in reaction to Jellybean's reaction to the sock
P9:  What?!? No, socks don't come in pairs.   multiple line reads, chose 4th read of socks...
P10: This is the best sock I've ever found! multiple line readings
P11: It's mine!  multiple line reads
P12: Jellybean can't have it back! Nooooooo!   multiple line readings
P13:  Noooooooo! tantrum multiple line readings, I chose a really good quiet "nooooo" for Prickles to menace Jellybean with.

No comments:

Post a Comment