Thursday, September 28, 2017

BSA324, pitch this! winner, 28 September, 2017

A very slick promo won the TAC Pitch THIS! competition at the Ottawa International Animation Festival.   They had previous funding and support from various Canadian agencies. 

It's really good.  But the competition didn't read like you needed to submit a finished animation product, just the pitch bible and ideas.  I probably wouldn't have entered if I'd know that, so just as well that I didn't!  Got my pb done, got lots of work in on putting that and Nightmare Nursery stuff together, too. 

Speaking of local funding agencies and partners:

TVNZ pitching
TVNZ children's and digital commissioner Amie Mills

Kathryn's advice in today's critique session was to edit, edit, edit!  Time to get serious and focused.  Rachel says I've got a big body of work behind me and may not need to do that whole minute plus of the opening if it's not going to be totally polished off.  Better to end on half a minute of a really good promo which also goes in with the pitch bible and promo merchandise I've been creating.  Will think on how to do this... if I could concentrate on getting the IW totally finished, I could send a camera through with Girl and some of the characters popping in and out to give a tour.  It would be a smaller intro than planned.  And then I could apply to keep working on it through SIT and do the opening.  Think think think...

No comments:

Post a Comment