Monday, September 11, 2017

BSA306, Jellybean decorating and packaging, 11 September, 2017

One of my favourite stores in Auckland is the Look Sharp store.  They have everything!
And something always surprises me.
There were shelves full of jars and I thought about all the jars that are in the Imagination Warehouse.  I had already found some cardboard brown boxes with clear insert tops (like this)




and then I found a set of 3 mason jar lids in purple with white spots and striped straws.  Image result for purple dot mason jar lids
Wouldn't it be great if I could make the packaging relate back to my set?
I bought a few kinds of jars in Invercargill and while the Jellybeans that I have now don't fit into them, making the hands rest against the chest will make it easy to get the toy into the jar.  I need to reprint the figure, anyway, to try to fix the holes in the sculpt.  Kevin suggested using the relax tool in Maya on problem areas.  For the exhibition, I will have 5 fully painted/decorated 3D prints  which can be displayed in the 3 brown fold up boxes I have and for the final presentation in BSA306 I'll have perfect prints that are decorated and in their mason jar containers.  Hooray!  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment