Friday, September 15, 2017

BSA306, Makyu FormBox!!!! 15 September,2017

FormBox demo video
IT'S A TABLETOP VACUUFORM MACHINE!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
So vacuuform is how we made a lot of our armour when I worked at Utah Shakespearean Festival.  This one relies on a vacuum cleaner to get the suction going through the bottom layer (you can see the tiny holes in the bottom plate where the air gets sucked through).  The middle tray holds the plastic which is then warmed up with, I'm assuming, a series of lightbulbs in the top section.  The plastic in the tray then gets dropped over the sculpt that sits on the suck tray (technical term) and forms a reverse mold.  The makers then reckon you can pour concrete or another substance into the mold and go into business.  I'm looking at this and I'm seeing all the findings, jewelry, and other assorted costumes props you can make out of it.  How much is this beautiful thing, and should I wait to really want one until after they work out the bugs?

IT'S ONLY $US459!!  I'll bet my mom would buy this for me if I promised to move home.  lol

They're also saying you can 3D print stuff and use it as the positive to make a mold with.  I could really have an army of Jellybeans going.   Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment