Sunday, April 23, 2017

BSA 324, script draft 1, 23 April, 2017

This is the script that I wrote a few years ago.  I will edit it to be an 11 minute episode.


Episode Outline

Pre-credits Opening Segment: 
Girl and her brother, have been fighting over a toy. It is the best toy ever and there is only one!   Girl yanked it away from him and he fell over and got hurt. 

 Girl’s problem is:  What do I do when I want something that another kid has?

Interior room.  Girl sitting on a purple and yellow beanbag. 

Girl: “ I WISH I could say I was happy to see you, but look where I am!  In the Naughty Chair having a Time Out.  That’s CRAZY!  So my little brother fell over and got hurt!  Is it my fault that he wouldn’t let go when I told him to give my teddy bear back?  It’s the only blue one I have and it’s very, very, very special.  I TOLD Mom that and she still sent me here to “think about it”.  What am I supposed to be thinking about?“ (storyboard plate 1)

Girl in the Naughty Chair song:

“Sometimes I’m Mad!  I’m Bad!
I’m Dangerous to know!
The longer that I must sit here
The more I’m sure to blow!
(storyboard plate 2)

“Look here- I’m Glad!  I’m Sad!
These feelings I can show
If I keeping faking “It’s OK”
They’re sure to let me go!
(storyboard plate 3)

“What‘s that?!  YOU’RE Mad?  That’s TOO Bad!
I’m right you’re sure to see
When I get finished with this place
The world will belong to me!”
(storyboard plate 4)

The music should sound like it’s being played with toy instruments- xylophone, kazoo, tinny drums, etc. then evolve into a harder rock beat.

(Scene summary: Girl on her “Naughty Chair”, a purple and yellow beanbag.  Hands come around the side and give her a hug.  She looks up and it’s Jellybean!  The other puppets pop into the frame- Prickles the Puffer Fish, Flash the Rabbit, Goldie, Dr. Picklesniffer the Dog, and Teppy Tuatara.  Inspired by the visual look of the Czech stop-motion film “In the Attic: Who’s Birthday is it Today?“ To be filmed in the props department of First Scene?)

Segment: Girl’s World’s problem is:
(Scene summary:  Prickles collects socks.  It doesn’t matter that he doesn’t have feet, he thinks they’re great.  He collects single socks and displays them with pride.  Prickles finds a very, very intriguing sock; it’s gigantic!  So big and fun that he must have it.  Girl looks down and sees that Jellybean only has one sock on and it is the mate to the one in the collection.  Jellybean asks for it back.  Prickles says no, no, NO!  and explodes with anger.  Jellybean rolls into a ball.)

Prickles is looking proudly over a line or board  filled with socks.  Girl and Jellybean enter.
Girl:  “Hi, Prickles!   What are you doing?”
Prickles:  “I’m re-organizing my sock collection.”
Girl:  “You collect socks?  But, you don’t have feet!”
Prickles:  “Well, I don’t know why THAT should stop me.  Socks are awesome! 
 Right now I have them in rainbow order;  Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet.   But I just got  a new one and I think it will look better if I have them in order by SIZE. “
Girl:  “Cool!”
Prickles:  “Thank you.  It came to me when I found THIS sock.  (indicates gigantic striped sock)  I’ve been waiting my whole life to discover it:  Sockus Gigantus Splendiferous!”
Jellybean starts to hop up and down in agitation.  Girl looks down at Jellybean’s feet and sees that he’s only got one sock on and it matches the one that Prickles has on display.
Jellybean:  HONK!  Honk HONk!!
Girl:  “Uhhhh… I think that’s Jellybean’s sock…. And he wants it back.”
Prickles:  “What?  No, it’s not.  Socks don’t come in PAIRS.   No, it can’t be!  This is the best sock I’ve ever found!  It’s mine!  He CAN’T have it back!  NOOOO!!!”  (Prickles ‘blows up’ in anger.  Jellybean honks in alarm and curls up into a ball.)
Girl:  “Yikes!  What‘ll they do next?”
(storyboard plate 5)

(Scene summary:  Girl next visits with Dr. Picklesniffer and Teppy Tuatara.  Dr. Picklesniffer has a shiny metal stethoscope that he uses to listen to people‘s emotions.  Teppy Tuatara admires it and wants to try it on.  Once she has it, though, she doesn’t want to give it back.  Shiny things belong to Teppy!  Dr. Picklesniffer offers her a bribe- an alternative to the stethoscope that she can keep. Teppy accepts and Dr. P assumes that it’s all sorted and goes to take back his stethoscope.  Teppy starts to cry, then snaps at him, then smiles charmingly.  Why wouldn’t he WANT Teppy to have what SHE wants?)

Girl walking along and finds Teppy Tuatara and Dr. Picklesniffer.
Girl:  “Dr. Picklesniffer and Teppy!  What’s up?”
Dr. P:  “I’m just polishing my stethoscope and getting ready to listen to Teppy’s heart.  She’s been having a bad day and I’ll be able to “hear” what she’s feeling so I can help her.
Girl:  “That’s neat!  I’m sorry that you’re having a bad day, Teppy.”
Teppy:  “Thank you.  It has been just TERRIBLE.   (eyes Dr. Picklesniffer speculatively) You know, what would make me really feel better would be trying on a pretty new piece of jewelry.  I LOVE bling bling!”
Dr. P:  “Ho, ho!  I’m sure that there’s more to it than that.”
Girl:  “It IS a very nice stethoscope.”
Teppy:  “Oh, please, can I?  Please?  Pretty please?  Pretty like ME, please?”
Dr. P:  “All right.  Just for a minute.  Then we must start the exam.”
Teppy gestures to Girl who puts the stethoscope around her neck.  Teppy strokes and admires it, striking many glamorous poses.
Dr. P:  “Well, I can see that your mood IS lifting!  Time to listen to your heart so I can see what else is going on.”
Teppy:  “But I don’t want to.  I mean, look how good it looks with my braces and my nails!”
Girl:  “It looks great, but don’t you want Dr. Picklesniffer to listen to your heart?”
Dr. P:  “Ja, ja, you look lovely but I need that back.  How about a lollipop instead?”
Teppy:  “Yummy!”
Dr. Picklesniffer gestures for his stethoscope.  Teppy steps back in shock and begins to cry.
Teppy:  “No!  I love it!  I want it! YOU CAN’T HAVE IT BACK! (snaps at him aggressively then smiles charmingly)  I mean, you DO want me to be happy, don’t you?  DON’T YOU?!”  Teppy stands menacingly over Dr. P who begins to shake. 
Girl:  “Hmm.  How is this going to work out?
(storyboard plate 6)

(Scene summary: Girl continues along and finds Goldie and Flash the rabbit arguing.  Goldie has a baking sheet and spatula that she uses to bake her famous “Sunflower Seed Surprise” cookies.  Flash the Rabbit wants to use it as a sled and ski pole to re-enact the famous rabbit  explorer Thadeus Thumper the Third’s  second trip to the South Pole.  They struggle over it until they both go flying.)

Girl skips off and finds Goldie and Flash the rabbit.
Girl:  “ Hello, Goldie.  Hello, Flash.  You wouldn’t believe what I’ve just seen.  Teppy and Dr. Picklesniffer and Prickles and Jellybean are all fighting… Is something wrong?”
Flash:  “Nothing could be more RIGHT!  I‘m about to set off to explore the South Pole just like my hero Thadeus Thumper the Third.  I’ve got this great sled and ski pole.  Want to come?”
Girl: “ I’d love to!”
Goldie:  “You’re not going anywhere!  That’s not a sled it’s my baking sheet.  And that’s not a ski pole, it’s my spatula!”
Girl:  “Is that true, Flash?”
Flash:  “She said I could use it!  You bake all the time and I never get to play ’Trip to the South Pole’!”
Goldie:  “Oh, I know but… but… how am I going to make my famous “Sunflower Seed Surprise” cookies if you’ve got my stuff?”
Flash:  “Cookies?  You don’t need anymore cookies, my fat little friend!  Ha, ha!”
Goldie:  “GASP!  That’s not funny, Flash!  I’m not fat, I’m fluffy!”
Flash:  “Well, maybe I’ll let you come with me to keep me warm at the South Pole, FLUFFY!”
Goldie:   “OH, I need to make cookies now!  Please- give them back!”
Flash:  “Look at the time!  The South Pole won’t conquer itself you know.  Gotta run!”
Goldie and Flash arguing over the baking sheet and spatula with lots of laughing and teasing from Flash and moaning from Goldie.
Girl:  “Wow; this can’t be good.  How are they going to work this out?”
(storyboard plate 7) 

Segment:  Identify the emotion

To Be Written…
Jealousy- I want that toy and the other kid has it. 
Sadness- I really like playing with that other kid.  Why did they have to spoil our fun by taking my toy? 
Anger- why should the other kid have that toy and I have nothing? 

Associate different colours or music with the emotional states.  
Green and keyboards for jealousy,
blue and guitar for sadness,
red and drums for anger, etc.
 Music comes on with all the instruments which separate into separate strands while those emotions are being discussed then come back together.  Feelings can be complicated.  Dr. Picklesniffer leads the diagnosis.

Dr. P: “ What’s the matter, Girl?  You look troubled.”
Girl: “I don’t understand what’s going on today.  Why is everybody shouting?”
Dr. P:  “Well, I’ll know for certain when I get my stethoscope back, but I’d say that they’re experiencing an emotional overload.”   ????

Prickles feels jealous.  He has a sock collection but it clearly isn’t complete without Jellybean’s sock.
Jellybean feels anxious.  Socks don’t work unless they’re in pairs!   He needs his back.
 Dr. Picklesniffer is disappointed.  He asked for his stethoscope back nicely and Teppy isn’t co-operating. 
Teppy is angry.  She just started playing with the stethoscope.  He can’t have it back yet!
Goldie is sad.  She likes Flash and she’s afraid that if she makes a fuss about getting the baking sheet and spatula back he won’t like her anymore.
Flash is smug/stubborn?  He is pretending that Goldie gave him the stuff so he can play with it for as long as he wants.

(storyboard plate 8)


Game Show: Name that Emotion/Face
(Scene Summary: Robot Game Show host (played by Girl with Goldie and Coco as the assistants.)  3 contestants:  Baby Cave Man ZAKK (played by Jellybean), Modern Boy TIMMY (played by Flash) and Futuristic Boy TRAD46 the Fourth (played by Dr. Picklesniffer).  Robots LOVE to learn about human emotions and this is their most popular TV program.)   

HOST:  Welcome to “Place that Face!”  The most popular game show in the robot galaxy! Our 3 players will name the emotion “The Face” is showing.  The one with the most points wins a fabulous prize! 
(storyboard plate 9)

 Now, let‘s meet our contestants:  Please welcome, from Earth, the year 25,000 BC, ‘ZAKK‘!”
ZAKK stoically regards the audience.
HOST:  “And now, also from Earth, the year Now, ‘TIMMY‘!”
TIMMY the modern boy grins and waves.
TIMMY:  “Hi, mom!”
HOST: “Finally, coming to us all the way from Earth, the year 3512.6, ‘TRAD46 Jr.!’
TRAD46 Jr.  the futuristic boy looks superior and gives a little wave to the camera.  His clothes light up with the message “Hi, Mom” on his shirt.
(storyboard plate 10)

HOST:  “The first contestant to buzz in gets first guess, then the others get their turn, too.  We like to give everybody a shot, folks!  Now for our first photo:  Ok, kids!  Place! That! Face! 
First card:  Happy face
ZAKK (buzzes in by smacking club rattle on buzzer) “AAAY!”  (Waves club rattle in air and makes happy grunt noise)
TIMMY:  “He looks stoked.  Like his mom says he can watch his favourite movie!”
TRAD46:  Rapturous!  Exhilarated!  Triumphant!”
HOST:  “Very good.  You’re all correct!  Next photo, please!”
(storyboard plate 11)

Second card:  Mad face
TIMMY: (buzzes in with his hands) He looks totally bummed.  Like his dog ate his cupcake!”
TRAD46:  “Enraged.  Venomous!”
ZAKK:  “RAargh!”  (Shakes his club rattle in agitation)
HOST:  “That’s incredible!  Again, you’re all correct!  Here’s the chance for one of you to break out into the lead and win the game!  Next photo!”
(storyboard plate 12)

Third card:  squinched up “Mr. Yuck” face
TRAD46: (Buzzes in with a high tech gadget.)  “Constipated!”
HOST:  “Interesting choice.  Anybody else?”
TIMMY:  “He looks like he has to go potty.”
ZAKK:   (makes a decidedly fart-like noise) Pbbbt!”
TIMMY:  “Yeah!  Yeah!!  Ha, ha!   PBBBBTT!!  Ha, ha!”

ZAKK and TIMMY laugh and continue making noises.  TRAD46 Jr. starts to laugh and joins in.  The three of them off making PBBT!  noises in the background while the robot assistants continue to smile and gesture at the card.   HOST is horrified and shaking head. 
HOST:  “No, no!  I can’t believe this… It’s another 3-way tie!  You can’t split a Gebtermatic Enzyme Washer 3-ways!  Oh, I don’t know what to do.  Well, join us again next week, folks, when we “Place That Face!”
(audience cheers as HOST comforted by assistants)
(storyboard plate 13)

Solution #1:  Hide the toy
(Scene Summary:  Jellybean takes the sock and tries to hide it where Prickles can’t find it.  Prickles finds the sock and tries to hide it where Jellybean would never think to look.  Sped up shot in the Benny Hill-style where we watch the puppets hide and re-hide the sock with fun music until they’re worn out.  Jellybean catches Prickles in his hands.  Prickles “blows up” and pokes Jellybean who drops him.
(storyboard plate 14)

Teppy tries to camouflage the stethoscope by piling on extra necklaces.  She’s got so many necklaces on that she can’t move.  She finally topples over and squashes the frantic Dr. Picklesniffer.
(storyboard plate 15)

Flash keeps running up the hill and sledding back down again, again and again and again and ignores Goldie’s protests.  Goldie jogs forlornly after him.)
(storyboard plate 16)

To be written:  segment showing other people hiding their toys from each other or not sharing?

Solution #2: Ask Someone You Trust
To be written:  sketch showing the three groups asking for the opinion of somebody else- Maybe Girl?  Maybe live action segment with real kids giving their opinions to the camera?

“Ummm!  You broke the law” or “It’s NOT Fair!” segment.
(Scene Summary:   “Live” puppets bring case to court and their story is told through shadow puppetry.  Screen lit rosy/white when defense speaking, goes RED during cross examination.
Players:  Prickles is the judge, Girl is Officer Corndog, Jellybean is the Stenographer
               Dr. Picklesniffer is Legal Beagle, Flash is QC Kitty, Goldie is Dolly Duck and                            Teppy Tuatara is Lola Lizard

Officer Girl: ” Now calling the case of D. Duck vs. L. Lizard.  Lawyer Picklesniffer, acting for the defense, QC Flash acting for the plaintiff (?).  Judge Solomon, presiding.”
Judge:  And WHO is this?  (waves at an egg sitting upright at the center of the courtroom)
Lawyer Picklesniffer: “That egg belongs to my client, Dolly Duck.”
QC Flash:  “Objection!  That egg belongs to MY client, Lola Lizard.”
(storyboard plate 17)

Judge:  “Let’s hear it from them, then.  Who will speak first?”
Lawyer Picklesniffer: ” I call Dolly Duck to the stand.”
Dolly in the witness box.
Lawyer Picklesniffer: “In your own words, tell us what happened?”
Goldie as Dolly:  “Lola is my neighbour.  We both had an egg and took them out on playdates. 
I woke up in the middle of the night and her egg was broken and she had taken mine!” (screen behind shows shadow puppets acting out Dolly’s testimony)
Lawyer Picklesniffer:  “No further questions.  Your witness.”
QC Flash:  Isn’t it true that your egg was white?
Goldie as Dolly:  Yes, that’s true.
QC Flash:  This egg has spots on it.  It clearly CANNOT be your egg!
Goldie as Dolly:  Those spots are painted on!  See?   The paint is still wet!
QC Flash:  You always envied my client, didn’t you?  Her nice pretty spotted egg.  And when you broke your egg, you decided to take her egg by any means, didn’t you?
Goldie as Dolly:  No!  It isn’t true!  That’s MY egg!
(red screen shows shadow puppets acting out duck stealing egg from lizard)
QC Flash:  No further questions.
(storyboard plate 18)

Judge:  You may leave the stand.  WHO is next?.
QC Flash:  I call Lola Lizard to the stand.  Tell us what happened on the night in question.
Lola on the stand.
Teppy as Lola:  “She’s lying!  This egg is MINE.  SHE sat on her egg too hard and broke it and tried to steal my egg but I woke up and caught her.”
(screen behind shows shadow puppets acting out Lola’s testimony.)
QC Flash:  Just as I thought.  Your witness.
Lawyer Picklesniffer:  You enjoy playing with your egg, don’t you?
Teppy as Lola:  Yes, I do have an affectionate nature, as any mother would with her child.
Lawyer Picklesniffer:  So affectionate that you were playing CATCH with your egg and dropped it!
(red screen shows shadow puppets acting out this line of questioning)
Teppy as Lola:  No!  It isn’t true!  I’m a very good catch!  That is MY egg!
QC Flash:  OBJECTION!!! Badgering the witness!
Legal Beagle:  No further questions!
(storyboard plate 19)

Judge:  “You may leave the stand.  I have made my decision.  The egg… shall be cracked and made into an omelet.  WHO would like the first slice?”
Goldie as Dolly:  “What?!  You can’t!  She can have it!  She can have it!”
Teppy as Lola:  “That sounds delicious!   Hawaiian?  With bbq sauce?”
Egg begins to shake and crack.  The court gasps and waits. The top of the egg pops off and reveals a baby that looks like both of them in a weird way.
Goldie as Dolly:  “It’s got my nose…I guess.”
Teppy as Lola:  “It’s got my feet.  Sort of.”
Girl:  “It’s a platypus!”
Egg:  “Mum!” (we see a lady platypus sitting at the back of the courtroom)
Mrs. Platypus: “Son!”
Mother and son are reunited.  QC Flash and Lawyer Picklesniffer very sad because nobody “won”.
Judge: Case dismissed!
(storyboard plate 20)


Segment:  What’s REALLY going on here?!

All of the puppets are arguing!  Girl realizes that Dr. Picklesniffer is the key.  

(Scene summary:  Dr. Picklesniffer needs to listen to their hearts but doesn’t have his stethoscope.  Girl talks to Teppy who sees that as much as she likes the stethoscope as a pretty necklace, it’s much more important that Dr. Picklesniffer get to use it to help their friends.    Dr. Picklesniffer listens to Teppy’s heart and “hears”  that she wasn’t trying to be mean and is really sorry that she upset him.  Dr. Picklesniffer realizes that he has feelings, too, and can spend time listening to himself as well as to others.

Girl:  “Quiet!  Everybody please be quiet!”  (puppets stop arguing and turn to Girl)  Dr. Picklesniffer, we need you to straighten this out.  Teppy, Dr. Picklesniffer needs his stethoscope back.  If he doesn’t get it back, our friends will keep arguing and you’ll keep feeling bad, too.  Isn’t feeling better more important than a pretty new necklace?”
Teppy:  “I guess so. “  (Girl takes the stethoscope back and places the buds in Dr. P’s ears.  Dr. P puts the round end against Teppy’s heart.
Dr. P:  “When you wouldn’t give me back my stethoscope, it looked like you were doing it just to be mean.  Now that I can “hear” your heart, though, I know that you are feeling sad that you upset me and weren’t trying to be rude.”
Teppy:  “Yes, that’s right.  I’m sorry, Dr. Picklesniffer.  Thank you for letting me wear your stethoscope.”
Girl:  “What about you, Dr.?  How are you feeling now?”
Dr. P:  “Who, me?  Ho, ho.  Well, I guess I can find out.  Hmm.   I never take the time to listen, but I can hear that I have feelings, too.  I’m happy that I’ve got my stethoscope back, I’m grateful for your assistance, and I’m proud that Teppy was able to say she was sorry.  I should listen to myself more often!”    

(storyboard plate 21)

(Scene summary:  Dr. Picklesniffer now turns to Prickles and Jellybean.  He “hears” that Prickles admires Jellybean’s style and wants to be just like him.  He “hears” that Jellybean finds Prickles intimidating when he’s angry and avoids him out of fear.  Prickles realizes that feeling angry is OK and he doesn’t need to hide his real feelings from his friends.  Jellybean realizes that friends can agree to disagree.

To Be Written:
Girl:  “Look at Prickles and Jellybean.”
Jellybean is rolled up in a ball and Prickles is agitatedly bouncing on top of him.
Dr. P:  And now for you, my very large friend.  Won’t you come out and let me listen to your heart?
Jellybean:  Honk HONK!
Dr. P:  Very well, let me try from here… it’s very faint through your armour but I can hear… I can hear that you’re afraid.  Afraid of Prickles!
Jellybean:  honk.
Jellybean starts to unroll himself.
Dr. P:  And that when Prickles gets angry you don’t know what to say so you avoid him.  Is that so?
Jellybean:  honk.
Jellybean standing straight up again.
Prickles:  WHAT?!
Jellybean rolls up into a ball and Dr. Picklesniffer starts to shake.
Girl:  It’s ok, Jellybean.  What if you and Prickles were able to have different ideas but still be friends?
Jellybean:  Honk.
Girl:  What if you were able to say what you were thinking and Prickles could say what he was thinking and you could actually Agree to Disagree?
Jellybean:  Honk!  Honk honk honk.
Girl:  Yes, that does sound good.  And you’re right- good friends can tell each other anything!
Dr. P:  All right, next patient.  Hold still, Prickles, and I’ll just.. Ah, yes, that’s it.  You look very angry but I can hear that you actually admire Jellybean’s colorful way of dressing.  Is that right?
Prickles:  Maybe.
Girl:  Do you think that if you have a sock just like Jellybean’s that will make you as cool as Jellybean?
Prickles:  I suppose.
Dr. P:  And here’s something else… when you’re upset by something you don’t know how to say it so you “blow up”.
Girl:  Prickles, what if you were to just say “I‘m angry” instead of blowing up?
Prickles:  But, I’m little!  And if I don’t make a big deal out of stuff, nobody pays attention to me!
Dr. P:  Let me listen in again… I can hear that you’d really like to play with Jellybean more but you don’t know how to ask.
Prickles:  No, I don’t.  He’s big and everybody’s best friend and I’m little and I want him to be my friend, too!
Girl:  You have a very poky outside but inside you are soft and sweet, Prickles!
Prickles:   Ah, not where everybody can hear!
(storyboard plate 23)     

(Scene summary: Dr. Picklesniffer listens to Flash and Goldie’s hearts and offers his diagnosis.  Flash has gotten over-excited and could use some quiet time.  He uses jokes to avoid the problem.  Goldie is afraid to say what she’s thinking because she thinks no one will like her if she disagrees with them.  Flash realizes that while sledding is fun, his keeping the baking sheet means that he won’t get to share any of Goldie’s delicious “Sunflower Seed Surprise Cookies” or his favourite, “Carrot Top Crunchies”.  Goldie realizes that she can tell Flash what she wants and that he will still be her friend.)

Girl:  “What about Flash and Goldie?  They look tired!”
Dr. P:  “We’ll start with you, Flash.  Your heart is beating very, very fast!  I recommend some quiet time. 
Flash:  “Quiet time?  Oh, NO!”
Dr. P:  “Oh, yes!  Your sitting down is making all the difference.  Now I can hear that while you make jokes and laugh on the outside, inside you’re afraid.  Can you tell us why?”
Flash:  “Well….  Well… Yes.  Sledding is so much fun but what Goldie was saying suddenly made sense.   If I keep the baking sheet and spatula, she won’t be able to make her “Sunflower Seed Surprise Cookies”.  Or MY favourite, “Carrot Top Crunchies.”  But I don’t know how to give her stuff back without looking like a bad guy.  I’m sorry, Goldie.”
Goldie:  “That’s all right, Flash.  I don’t really mind you borrowing my stuff.  Boy, I’m glad that’s over.  Now I can start baking!”
Girl:  “Not so fast, Goldie.  Now it’s your turn.”
Goldie:  “No, no!  I don’t want you to listen to what’s in my heart.” 
Girl:  “Why not?”
Goldie:  “It’s too horrible!”
Dr. P:  “Please, Goldie.  Let me help.  Hmmm.  I can hear that you are angry at Flash.
Goldie:  “Boo, hoo!  Yes, I am!  He took my stuff, he called me fat, then he made me run!  And my legs are shorter than his!  I‘m so tired of holding it in.”
Dr. P:  “ And I can also hear that you are afraid, too.  Can you tell us why you are feeling afraid?”
Goldie:  “I was afraid that if I told Flash I was mad that he wouldn’t like me anymore!  And now you all know how horrible the things in my heart are!”
Girl:  “You know, Goldie, I get angry sometimes, too.”
Goldie:  “You do?”
Teppy:  “ Sometimes I feel afraid.”
Goldie:  “You do?”
Prickles:  “Sometimes I worry that people won’t like me if they know how I feel, too.”
Goldie:  “You do?”
Dr. P:  “Yes, we all have those feelings sometimes, even with our friends.  It’s what we do with those feelings that makes the difference.”

(storyboard plate 22)



Solution #3:  Take Turns with the Toy
As it turns out, Jellybean has TWO socks.  He lets Prickles borrow his sock and use it as a sleeping bag.  Jellybean takes the other sock and wears it as a night hat.  They have a sleepover and agree that Jellybean will get the sock back afterwards. 
(storyboard plate 24)

We see that Teppy and Dr. Picklesniffer are admiring his stethoscope together.  Now Teppy has a friend that she can dress up in pretty jewelry.  Whether he likes it or not.
(storyboard plate 25) 

Flash is handing around  a tray of cookies and Goldie is trying out the baking sheet and spatula as a sled. 
(storyboard plate 26)

Segment: Story Time
Girl reads a story to the puppets that deals with sharing and they take turns discussing what they’re reading.
(storyboard plate 27) 

Final Segment:  Girl has learned something today.
Girl talks to the audience.  She learned about emotions, 3 ways of dealing with her problem and found a solution that works.  She’s ready to tell her parents about what she’s learned from her time “thinking about what she’s done”.

Girl:  But don’t worry,  I’ll be back. 
(Sings)  Sometimes I’m Mad!  I’m Bad!  I’m Dangerous to know! 
I might be back tomorrow
’cause I’ve got room to grow!
(storyboard plate 28)


Resource Materials:
“Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting”
By John Gottman, Ph.D.



“Adolescent Volcanoes”

No comments:

Post a Comment