Thursday, April 6, 2017

BSA306, 3D printed armour! 6 April, 2017

Melissa Ng for Lumecluster

I LOVE this!
This is making me want to go back into costume crafts and work for Shakespearean festivals again.  Maybe I learn the 3D arts, then combine it with Marvelous Designer, and then go work for movies/rich people who will pay me well for it?

This armour, in addition to the smooth 3D printing, also uses LEDs to showcase the fine scroll work. Beautiful.  And extra points for abandoning the "Iron Boob" look of so much female fantasy armour. Now that I know that chiseled breasts mean introducing a sternum busting hard point to your body, I can't look at that kind of armour the same way again.  This Ng uses ornamentation and design lines to create a feminine bust while still looking authentic.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment